Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thankful for this experience

I took my Sunday nap and woke up due to quite a bit of pain on my right IT band. I decided I needed to goto a sports medicine doctor. I was diagnosed with severe inflammation. He prescribed me a steroid called Medrol. The purpose is to get rid of the inflammation. So, not only am I going to get better but bigger! That's a joke. It's not that high of a dose. It comes in a pack and you take it for 6 days. I had to take 6 pills last night and this morning, I actually felt a lot better. Usually in the morning, I have to stretch before I get out of bed because it tightens up over night. I'm hoping this medication will continue to take care of my pain and inflammation.

Although I've been in a lot of pain, this experience has already been so humbling for me. I think about what I'm going through and I can't help but think what Dillon and others are going through with the pain that they have. It doesn't compare to what I'm going through. I emailed my run coach and expressed my frustration about my injury. I think about that now and I feel very selfish for doing that. Here I am complaining about something that will go away with medication and rest. My pain compares little if nothing at all to Leukemia. For all of you reading this, I'm sorry if I have come across as a complainer. That was never my intention. I will continue to keep everyone posted on the injury.

I'm very thankful for having Dillon in my life. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to have all these unforgetable experiences. Dillon is such a great example to every one He comes in contact with. Not once have I ever heard him complain. Not once has he ever said, "This sucks! Why me?" He has handled what he has been dealt extremely well. It humbles me to be his friend. I know that if every one could have an attitude or the same attributes as Dillon, this world would be a better place. Dillon, you are an example to us all. I'm sure your attitude and strength has helped numerous people. I know it has for me. I'm thankful that I have been blessed to have you in my life and I'm even more thankful for the strength you have given me to be a better person.

I'm so glad that I have decided to participate with Team in Training. It feels good to exercise but it feels even better to be a part of such a wonderful cause. This has already changed my life in so many ways. I have such a different perspective on life now. It is short, it can be difficult and some times easy but to me, what matters most in life is the attitude that we have with what we are dealt with. We can either sit back and complain or we can find a way for it to benefit us and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment