Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Getting excited.

The IT bands are feeling great! The pain is hardly there in the morning and they don't really bother me when I walk. Stairs were usually a lot of pain but not anymore. I'm getting very excited because it seems like they are getting under control. I'm just hoping they stay that way. Some residents here in Stansbury went on a run this morning. I was tempted to go run 4 miles with them but last night, I had to keep myself from doing that. I don't want to rush myself and then have issues again with my IT bands.

I believe the medication I was prescribes and the 2 weeks off is exactly what I needed. I am still stretching and icing and doing excercises to strengthen my legs. I'm going to do a small run on Friday. Maybe 1 to 2 miles to see how they hold up. I am very anxious for Friday. If I run and they don't bother me, then I know I will be good to go. However, if they do bother me, I guess it's like that saying goes, "Back to the old drawing board."

1 comment:

  1. Small run? 1 to 2 miles seems pretty big to me! Glad to see they are better!

    ReplyDelete