Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday morning run.

The IT bands seemed a little tight this morning before my run but I decided to run anyways. I did a lot of stretching and warming up before I took off. This morning was 4 miles. My IT bands bothered me pretty much the whole way but I ran through it. It wasn't a pain where I had to limp or anything. At about mile 3 they really started to tighten up on me. I decided to stretch them out. When I got done stretching I went to run again and I couldn't. I looked like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time. Both of them tightened up so badly that I could barely even bend my knees. It was really odd. I kept walking and tried to push myself to run but I just couldn't due to the pain in my right knee. Earlier in the run at about mile 1, my body was telling me to take it easy and just go 1 mile but I didn't listen. The body is an amazing creation. You can only push it so far before it can't take anymore.

I learned a very valuable lesson this morning and that is to listen to what my body is telling me. I felt pretty helpless walking that 1 mile home and I don't ever want to go through that again. My IT bands are not sore but just tight. I have decided I will take a whole week off of running and get these things stretched out and hit up my big 10 mile run on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. 10 miles!! I think I need you for my personal trainer cause I can barely do 2 miles without dying!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete