Friday, December 19, 2008

10 miles tomorrow.

Some times it hits me and I think that I may be in over my head with this much mileage but then I remember what I'm running for and that I'm running with a team and this team has the same goal in mind and that is to help save lives. I actually look forward to this run tomorrow. I know it will be hard but I have such a great team that pushes me to keep going. As I hear their stories of why they are running, it reminds me why I am running and it keeps me going. When I would run before, I always just ran by myself and I preferred it that way but now I love running with my team. It makes the run not seem so long. Just to hear some one ask, "How are you doing?" or, "You hanging in there?" it makes a huge difference.

I heard the weather is suppose to be great tomorrow! (sarcasm) Running in the cold isn't too bad because once you get going, you obviously are going to warm up. I'm a little worried about my IT bands though. Especially the one on my right. I haven't ran since Monday like mentioned before. It hasn't felt too bad. I'm starting to believe that it is just tight. It tends to tighten up and then once I stretch it, it feels fine. Hopefully it won't decide to tighten up on me tomorrow. I did buy what the running world calls a, "Foam Roller." It's a piece of round foam and you put your body weight on your IT bands and roll up and down. It feels....well it hurts! But it pays off in the long run. That thing has been my worst enemy and my best friend at the same time.

My new watch arrived yesterday and I'm pretty excited to see how it works on my long run tomorrow. It tracks your mileage by GPS. It also has a heart rate monitor and keeps track of your pace for every mile and will alert you if you fall behind in your previous mile. By no means is this thing convenient when it comes to size. It's a big watch. Something you would only want to wear while running.

I'll post an update first thing on Monday about how my run went on Saturday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That watch sounds awesome..I want one! Good luck on your run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete