Thursday, December 11, 2008

First training day.

As you can see, I have just started this blog as of today. I thought it would be a good idea so people who have donated and who are thinking about donating can see the progress in training. My first training day with my team was on 12/06. We met at Gardner Village at 7am and ran 6 miles. I was very nervous the night before because I have not ran in months. I met a lot of good people there one of which is a cancer survivor. I heard stories from other runners of why they were running. I heard some who had lost fathers, brothers, sisters and even cousins to this disease. Running along side these people for the same cause was an amazing feeling I will never forget. I did make the 6 mile jog although some where along the way I did get lost on the trail but found my way back to the team. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment