Monday, December 15, 2008

8 mile run....

On Saturday, our team met up at Sugarhouse Park I was prepared for a day of running in the snow but it didn't seem to be coming down. We started our run and worked our way up to the zoo. It's an equal 4 miles up and an equal 4 miles down. The run up was a little rough due to it being all up hill. At about mile 3 my left IT band started to get a little tight which I thought was normal due to it being cold and running up hill. It didn't bother me all that much. Along the way I did some stretches and that seemed to help.
The only thing that was hard about the last four miles was the snow. That's when it really started to hit us hard. Most of the time we had to run with our heads down due to the fact the snow was blowing right in our faces. The run was great! I was a little worried doing all those miles but it wasn't all that hard. It gave me a lot of confidence for my training.

When I got to my car, my IT bands started to tighten up. I decided it's probably time for a new pair of shoes. I went to the running store and was fitted for new shoes. I will take Sunday off from running and start up again on Monday.

(photo: Running coach Te Koi and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment