Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Windy running

I've decided that running in the wind is not a lot of fun. The wind out here has picked up a lot the last couple of days. I should look at the bright side, at least the weather is warmer than what it has been. Running against the wind has been helping my training. I can feel how tired my legs get but in a good way. Kind of like when you lift weights. My last two runs haven't been so bad. My run on Monday which was 3 miles was harder than I thought. My legs were tired from Saturdays run. My legs were also sore but that run and yesterdays run took the soreness away.

I had a very good run last night. About 5 miles and I ran the whole way and didn't stop. I ran against the wind for about 3.25 of the 5 miles. It was a great workout. I told myself that once I got to a certain point, I could walk. Once I got to that point and realized I wasn't running against the wind anymore, it was easy to finish out the rest of the miles. I've been working on my speed as well during my runs. I run about a ten minute mile which is absolutely horrible and I'm hoping I can at least contain a 8 minute mile for the marathon. During my running, about the last mile I usually try to keep that mile under 9 minutes. With time, I think I will get there.

Tonights run will be 6 miles. I can feel my legs getting tired already but the good thing about this is I know I am building up my endurance and my body will eventually get use to it. Thursday is a well needed rest day. My goal today is to finish out strong with these 6 miles knowing that I can rest tomorrow. I want to wear myself out on the run today and rest tomorrow because Friday's run is 3 miles and if I work hard on all these miles this week, those 3 miles won't seem so bad. Saturday's run will be 12 miles. I'm thankful for the time that my coaches put in to lay out the training schedule for us. The workouts are hard but you can tell how they are working. Every day gets a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment