Monday, March 2, 2009

Just some thoughts...

Where to begin? It's been some time since I've updated everyone about my training. Maybe no one really reads this and it's just me. haha! If so, that's ok. It's nice to have some memories of this. This training by far has been one of the best things I could have done in my life. I've always wanted to run a marathon and at the time, I thought this cause would give me a good reason. I have now realized that this isn't about me anymore and I love that feeling. Sure it feels good to go out and run and be in shape but my mind only concentrates on one thing when I'm running and that is the strength of my friend Dillon and others who struggle with this disease every single day.

Every time I talk to Dillon, he never brings up his health. I'm always the one that has to ask him. It amazes me every single time I get done talking to him. He has such a great attitude with what he has been dealt. I'm pretty sure if I talked to him and we spoke for 2 hours and I didn't bring up his health, he would never mention it. That's not who Dillon is. He doesn't need the attention and to me, he would rather see people smile than for them to be concerned about him. There are still so many other things I have to learn from him and I cherish every talk or laugh we have ever had.

I feel this training has brought me closer to my friend and has given me a better understanding of exactly what he's going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment